Primary Purpose and Function
The incumbent in this position under the direction of the Director will assist in providing an established menu of services that meets the current and future workforce development needs of Central Ohio Employers in recruiting, hiring, training and retaining qualified candidates.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain relationships/outreach with employers, partnering agencies, local governing entities, educational institutions and community organizations.
- Coordinate with Job Center Recruiter to utilize various job matching systems, processes and techniques to deliver services to meet employers’ workforce needs.
- Conduct presentations to participants, community partners, businesses and WDBCO Board members regarding employer engagement and outcomes
- Work closely with other members of the Business Solutions Team to accurately understand the needs of employers in order to identify appropriate resources and job seekers
- Meet with program participants and employers on a regular basis to ensure consistent performance and positive outcome
- Assist with identifying Training Programs (OJT, Customized, Incumbent Training Programs, etc.) and special training initiatives that will benefit top industry sectors and high demand occupations
- Report data on employer engagement and other workforce related activities.
- Develop and disseminate reports on employer performance and employment demographics
- Establish, develop and maintain an in depth knowledge of the Central Ohio labor market, incorporating Columbus Chamber and other local Chambers as a barometer.
- Maintain communication with Ohio Means Jobs Center Columbus Franklin County as necessary for employer needs.
- Performs follow-up of graduates from training and/or rehabilitation programs to evaluate how well local training programs relate to skills needed and desired in the community.
- Identify concerns or issues with employers and community partners and recommend appropriate solutions
- Attend meetings on or offsite as necessary
- Assist with hiring events and employer events
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Human Services, or the equivalent; Master’s Degree preferred and professional certification is beneficial.
Must have 2-3 years of experience in workforce development (i.e.,WIA/WIOA), human resources, business development, sales/marketing, recruitment, job placement or experience with a staffing agency. Must have excellent communication skills, both written and oral. Must have experience generating reports using Microsoft Office Suite, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software (i.e., Salesforce), and data analytics. Must have organizational, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills; strong process orientation, with the ability to exercise independent judgement. Must have experience developing collaborative partnerships with business leaders at all levels within an organization (including C-Suite). Must be flexible and able to multi-task in a fast-paced, high-demand and changing environment. Must have proven experience in account management. Must be able to work with individuals from different cultures and diverse backgrounds. Local travel required
Ability to relate to diverse populations & cultures, self-directed, energetic, team player and results oriented professional with excellent communication skills (both oral and written) and computer skills (MS Office); Strong skills in recruitment, job placement, marketing/sales, supervising, conflict resolution, problem solving, decision making, integrity, initiative, and motivation.
Must have a valid driver’s license and dependable transportation
Negotiable, based on experience.
To apply for the position, please email your cover letter and resume to John Hambrick, Director of Business Solutions at email@example.com